Over the weekend, I spent some more time tidying up the Need-o-tron. I updated Rails and added Twitter Bootstrap to clean up the UI. There’s still quite a lot of work that could be done to clean up the data and add our business needs.
I’ve spent a lot of this week finalizing the code and copy for rolling out our user satisfaction survey across GOV.UK mainstream content. We’re going to show an unobtrusive banner to 1 in 50 users who visit the site, to help us get a better idea of who uses our content and what they think could work better.
I’ve been experimenting a bit more with Go this week. Nick spent some time prototyping a router and he gave me some help on getting some tests up and running for my implementation of the content api in Go - something I’ve been working on for a little while.
I’m now into the last few chapters of The Night is Large, which has been my reading material for the train over the last couple of months. It’s really opening my eyes to a whole host of physics concepts along with some good background to notable writers, including a particularly good piece on Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
Jack and I have been playing OpenTTD a fair amount over the last few weeks, so in response to his new foray TIL: Vim, I’ve registered TILTTD.com and will eventually get around to filling it with the lessons I learn from trying to build a functional railway.